Followers

Friday, July 31, 2015

Life Is Perfect Just As It Is

Today’s run in the country was as horrible as it was magnificent. Ninety degrees farenheight with 90% humidity. The sun threw down it’s blistering rays, browning my skin. Sweat oozed from every pore and I looked as though I’d fallen into the drink rather than having run past it. Ominous clouds rolled across the sky. A fierce battle ensued; the sun scorching the earth, the clouds thwarting its efforts. In a moment it was dark, quiet, still.

I ran until I could run no longer-my face flushed, burning from the heat, red as Old Glory’s stripes. My stomach ached; the protein bar I ate not long enough before sat like a lead weight at the bottom, unforgiving and uncomfortable. A river of words danced through my mind in rhythmic meditation and I thought of Spain. Though the city has been of little notice since I returned from Camino, I long for the countryside when I am in it. It stirs my emotions and inspires me. Here, I am free of distraction. Here, I am connected to Mother Nature. Here, I can think, feel, write. Here my spirit is alive, free. 

Once again it’s just me and my rucksack. Everything I need here with me, surrounding me, within me. I want for nothing and need even less. Life is perfect just as it is in this moment and I am truly happy. I am blessed. I am grateful. Life is good.
Imagine Peace and Love Along the Way
Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment