Followers

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Thank You For Not Reading My Blog

My friend just blogged a very snarky piece telling bloggers to shut the hell up and quit blogging. Teehee. Funny. He disavowed us as a group of self serving egomaniacs hiding behind a guise of important information sharing. This of course was directed at me after he asked me a few questions about my Camino, that, had he read my blog, he would have known the answers to. "Clearly you didn't read my blog, Thierry,"I joked. Nevermind, Dani, he may have wanted to have a conversation with you. Nevermind he is writing eight different books and maintains a blog of his own. Nevermind he may just have a failing memory - he doesn't but that's not the point. Not everyone can be a loyal follower like my friend Tony who has restored order to my universe by replacing my missing hat. (Clearly, HE read my blog.)

Thierry’s point is well taken though. I’ll own up. I can be a selfish bitch who thinks I have something important to say.  So forgive me (or not) for being a self absorbed blogger who cannot take five minutes to answer your sweet little curiosities. Forgive me for not putting myself in your shoes; we all have a story to tell, and mine isn't all that interesting. I'm plotless and boring and my story has been done to death. I’m a bad pilgrim, mindless and dull, who went for a little walk to clear my mind. Everyone does that, every day, blisters not included.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment