Followers

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Clifton Hideaway Inspires

Sweet Hideaway
Last weekend I moved to Clifton, Virginia, a sweet hideaway slightly off the beaten path. It's serene and peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of the beltway. It's an inspiring place where I can write, paint, and take photographs without traveling far.

Morning is a beautiful experience here. Sunlight shimmers through the leaves, the air is fresh and clean. Crickets hum, birds sing, and occasionally the calls of pileated woodpeckers echo through the trees. By mid-afternoon, the sunlight casts a western glow on the trees, shadows grow long again, and the air sinks with humidity. Evenings are quiet and relaxed. It's a romantic, meditative place in the woods.

Everyday after work I return to the cabin and wish I never had to leave. I walk in and find Steve and Doc waiting for me. It's a wonderful sight and my heart fills with joy and happiness. Our retreat is simple, humble, and cozy. Its absolutely perfect....

No comments:

Post a Comment