Followers

Friday, May 15, 2015

Leon

Leon. A small city with a hip vibe: cafes, restaurants, tattoo shops, and gorgeous architecture. The cathedral in the city center is brilliant, people are everywhere. It's the first place in Spain where I've seen signs of life before 1900 and is far more appealing to me than Burgos. This is a city I could hang out in, vacation in, live and work in.
I got a single room at Hotel Paris near city center for just €44. They only have availability for tonight so I will probably head west tomorrow instead of trying to find another hotel. I'm enjoying a full day of rest; I took the train into town from El Burgo Ranero this morning for €3,50. I realize I bypassed some of the most magical parts of the Camino in doing this but my knee needs a couple more rest days before the upcoming climbs following Astorga. I'm getting better each day but downhill remains problematic. I am not interested in coming home from the Camino broken, or worse, not making it to Santiago. And, a few days ago at the Albergue Santa Maria in Carrion, some jackhole pilgrim decided to spread their cold to all the other pilgrims. What an ass. Now I've got a sore throat and am fighting a cold too. So, a night away from pilgrims seems like a good idea. Even though I've been walking most days alone there still isn't enough alone time...
My room has a single bed, hardwood floors, private bath, full sized towels, and a hairdryer. Wifi, Internet connection, and a place to charge my phone right next to my bed. There is even a restaurant and a spa downstairs. Who could want anything more?






No comments:

Post a Comment