Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Signs From the Camino

Fierce winds and cooler temperatures made today's 30 kilometer walk feel like so much more. Though my mind wanted to keep walking, my body gave up. A warm bed out of the elements and some food in my belly seemed like a better option. I stopped in El Burgo Ranero, population 826. The municipal albergue is comfortable ($ donation); two bars across the street offered food and warmth, a welcomed sight. I have traveled over 420 kilometers so far. I am halfway to Santiago.  

My solo travel today was meditative and reflective; my mind open to signs along The Way. There were many. Each day's travel is its own journey; the Camino dilates time-days become weeks, landscapes and villages run together in blurred imagery, names of places quickly forgotten. Everything different, everything the same. And somehow through this process of walking things seem to work themselves out. At the day's end there is more peace than the day before, even if not consciously contemplated or acknowledged. Tonight I will sleep well and tomorrow, I will walk again...







No comments:

Post a Comment