Followers

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Siesta-ing

The rhythm of life in Spain along the Camino is very peaceful. The countryside is breathtaking; it is a magical place where one can completely let go of all worries and focus inwardly. I've been off the path for three days now, traveling by bus from Najera to Santo Domingo, Belorado, and now San Juan. I miss my daily walking meditation but am learning to honor my body's need to rest and the time alone has been a welcomed treat. 

Today was an absolutely brilliant day. How long has it been since I have done nothing and then rested after? 

This is what I did today:

1. Took a bus ride through the Spanish countryside.
2. Walked five kilometers to a small Spanish town with Paul, a young man from East Germany.
3. Visited with five horses in the country.
4. Took a nap under a beautiful tree.
5. Danced with Angelo to Puccelli.
6. Sipped orange juice in the sun.
7. Took a hot shower.
8. Laid in a field of grass and flowers under the sun.
9. Meditated in a church.
10. Lazed about with friends. 

It has been the best of days in Spain so far. 









No comments:

Post a Comment